Pre Departure Anxieties

After waiting several weeks for the final IPD result to be released, I rushed to get a bank draft the next day and submit all the documents to Ms. Sophia back at the college so she could courier it off to the Australian counterparts. Then after waiting a few days after, I received the Confirmation of Enrolment letter. FINALLY! I mean, hello, we're already halfway through the first month of the new year, ideally, I should have had everything settled before the fireworks went off on New Years, but *pshhh* RED TAPE INEFFICIENCY.

Anyway, after getting my CoE, I applied for the online visa that night, and I went for my medical checkup the next day. I went to go for the manual checkup instead of the online even though it would take longer to process because the parentals decided 'aiyah online no difference' wtfwtf. Whatever laaa, lesson #1 don't try arguing with the parents less than 12 hours before checkup.

Even before applying for my visa I already had jitters about the medical checkup. I had no idea what constituted a medical checkup : urine analysis, blood test, x ray, PHYSICAL CHECKUP?

I sent off a string of paranoid SMSes to Francine, who is in her 2nd year at Monash Uni, frantically asking her if I would have to strip or if they would 'poke around down there' hahahahah wtfwtf. Plus, I had indecent mosquito bites.. ahem.. Francine assured me there would be no stripping of any kind, so that eased me off a bit.

So the next day I reach the clinic at CapSquare bright and early only to find out that my passport photos are invalid because, and I quote, 'tak boleh tunjuk gigi, dik'. And so I rushed off at 9 a.m. to find a photo shop down in the city that doesn't open for business till at least 10 a.m. -_-" One setback after another..

Later on when I'm finally back at the clinic, with complete valid photos in hand, wait. And wait. And wait.

*dies*

Peeing in a little bottle/jar was initially more difficult than I expected. I think a container with a wider mouth would have made things easier, considering females can't aim as well into tiny orifices. And honestly, they don't require all that much pee. I was forced to drink bottles of water since the night before, in order to be adequately 'prepared' the next morning, and the bottle ain't that big ya'll.

and FYI, they DO make you strip! Breast examination all, so off with the top, bra and jeans. The doctor and I just ignored the elephant in the room *omg blush* But it was all over with in a matter of 10 minutes, and before I knew it, I was back in the waiting room.

It wasn't until I was at the bazaar with Cheryne and Francine later that weekend that I mentioned what a coincidence that the doctor had the same last name as one of our friends, that Cheryne broke the news to me. Yeah, turns out Dharrini's mom poked me around T_T